8 indipendent rs-232 on an FPGA

Ale914

Hi i have a 7813R here and i need to use it a se 8 different RS232 (of course at TTL levels)

I wrote the code to manage one serial and works so i decide to multiply this code for 8 obviously modifying the physical pin associated to each but at compilation time this "monster" don't compile, take an enormous amount of time only to inizialize all vi needed (1033 VI!!!! )

Have you any suggestions? never try to make somethings similar?

Thanks

QUOTE (Ale914 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:42 AM)

Hi i have a 7813R here and i need to use it a se 8 different RS232 (of course at TTL levels)

I wrote the code to manage one serial and works so i decide to multiply this code for 8 obviously modifying the physical pin associated to each but at compilation time this "monster" don't compile, take an enormous amount of time only to inizialize all vi needed (1033 VI!!!! )

Have you any suggestions? never try to make somethings similar?

Thanks

Making the leap from 1 to 8 seems ambitious. It may be useful to try just two.

QUOTE (crelf @ Feb 24 2009, 11:59 AM)

Yeah - replicating functioning code on FPGA is pretty straight-forward. Are you running out of gates? Can you post your code?

Yes i know that we have to use carefully the FPGA but 8 serial is my goal so...

i don't know if i go out of gate because i stop the compilation after 1 hour because seems that compiler was enter in an infinite loop on a range of actions.

This night i'll try again after a minor modification on the code, NI suggest me to make a complete copy of the single 232 code including all the sub-VI called in order to avoid resource sharing between parallel executions, i have a share VI maybe this can resolve the issue.