Image Stitching with Labview

Hello!

Has anybody got some hints on how to perform image stitching using Labview?

I.e. I've got a couple of overlapping small images and would like to merge them into a global (bigger) image.

If this is not available in Labview, do you happen to know of another library with which this is possible?

Please note: I know there are ready-to-use programs that do exactly that, but I need the functionality in my own program.

Regards

Sabine Lorentz

I've only successfully done it by integrating calls to Photoshop from LabVIEW. I do not know of any LabVIEW toolkits for this.

QUOTE (professor_rumsdiegeige @ Feb 26 2009, 04:36 AM)

Hello!

I.e. I've got a couple of overlapping small images and would like to merge them into a global (bigger) image.

If this is not available in Labview, do you happen to know of another library with which this is possible?

Please note: I know there are ready-to-use programs that do exactly that, but I need the functionality in my own program.

Regards

Sabine Lorentz

QUOTE (professor_rumsdiegeige @ Feb 26 2009, 10:36 PM)

If the images are parallel (i.e. NOT the standard wider-angle panorama from a camera) then a simple approach would be to use routines in the Vision Development Module. A possible algorithm would be to compute the cross-correlation between neighbouring images, and then place each image at an appropriate location within a larger canvas. An enhancement would be to cross-fade between the images where they overlap.

Where there are any significant lens distortions, then a much more complex algorithm is required, although if you know the distortion of your system, it would not be difficult to correct your images for that prior to stitching.

Cheers ~ Greg