Rebinding the 'Enter' key on Quick Drop?

I've been forcing myself to use quick drop recently and am learning to like it... except for one small thing that's been annoying me. I almost always get the correct function highlighted in the top edit box within 2-3 keystrokes, even if the main listbox still has dozens of entries in it. What I'm finding irritating is to select the function in the edit box I need to either find it in the list box and double click on it (a relatively slow process) or hit the 'Enter' key, which requires me to move one of my hands away from their regular coding positions. (Left hand on ASDF, right hand on mouse.)

Is there a way to bind another key to perform the 'Enter' key function? I'd like to use the Tab key to accept the auto-complete guess, but other options such as Ctrl-Space or even Shift-Space would work for me as well.

QUOTE (Daklu @ Feb 27 2009, 07:49 AM)

I've been forcing myself to use quick drop recently and am learning to like it... except for one small thing that's been annoying me. I almost always get the correct function highlighted in the top edit box within 2-3 keystrokes, even if the main listbox still has dozens of entries in it. What I'm finding irritating is to select the function in the edit box I need to either find it in the list box and double click on it (a relatively slow process) or hit the 'Enter' key, which requires me to move one of my hands away from their regular coding positions. (Left hand on ASDF, right hand on mouse.)

Is there a way to bind another key to perform the 'Enter' key function? I'd like to use the Tab key to accept the auto-complete guess, but other options such as Ctrl-Space or even Shift-Space would work for me as well.

I'm confused.

As soon as the proper item is selected a left-click on the diagram should start the drop.

Where or why does the enter key get involved?

Ben

QUOTE (neBulus @ Feb 27 2009, 05:57 AM)

As soon as the proper item is selected a left-click on the diagram should start the drop.

Where or why does the enter key get involved?

Whaddya know... it works! :oops:

Two things threw me off here:

1. I'm so used to needing to do some other keyboard action to 'confirm' auto-complete guesses in other applications it never even occurred to me to try clicking on the BD.
  2. The Quick Drop box looks an awful lot like a regular dialog box, which as a general rule requires some sort of user interaction to dismiss. Hence my normal habit of double clicking on the list box or hitting the enter key. (Although I always thought it was odd there wasn't an 'OK' button there.)

Thanks for the tip!