Create New Event from Terminal

I'd like to be able to right-click on a terminal, browse over to the "Create" option and have there be an "Event" menu option along with the "Constant", "Control", etc. Bonus points if you could browse to a sub-menu beneath (like with "Property Node") that that had the relevant events associated with that control. Thoughts?

The main problem I can think of is selecting which event structure it would be part of. Many people probably only have one, but that's not necessarily the case.

I think that the problem is simply that the event configuration dialog isn't that great (yes, I'm understated, what can I say?). Perhaps an alternative implementation would be to select the control from the from panel (similar to how you associate a control in the connector pane) instead of the listbox.

One shortcut you can use today is that you can type to jump to entries in the listbox. This applies to both the control selection and the event selection.

QUOTE (Yair @ Mar 5 2009, 09:02 AM)

The main problem I can think of is selecting which event structure it would be part of. Many people probably only have one, but that's not necessarily the case.

I think that the problem is simply that the event configuration dialog isn't that great (yes, I'm understated, what can I say?). Perhaps an alternative implementation would be to select the control from the from panel (similar to how you associate a control in the connector pane) instead of the listbox.

One shortcut you can use today is that you can type to jump to entries in the listbox. This applies to both the control selection and the event selection.

Good point - I hadn't thought of multiple event structures. I'd be fine with a connector pane style interface as well as pretty much anything would be better than what currently exists.