Can I replace an enum or it's content in a cluster programmatically?

Hi,

I would like to know is there anyway to replace an enum or it's content in a cluster programmatically. This cluster is used as a control on Front Panel as well as updated value by subVI though reference. I found a topic talking about replacing the content though the reference directly to the file of the control .ctl. I just wonder if it works in my case or not.

Best regards,

Thang Nguyen

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you asking if you can change the enum at run time or are you asking if it is possible to replace it programmatically during your development process? If you are asking about doing it while your application is running then the answer is no, you can't change it dynamically. If this is what you would like to do then you should use a ring control. If you are asking about doing it during your development then I believe the answer is that it is possible. I haven't done this myself so I can't give you the specifics for doing it. If you are doing this during development I would have to ask if you are using typedef's or not. Typedef's do propigate the control's changes to all code that use it.

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ Mar 5 2009, 09:29 AM)

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you asking if you can change the enum at run time or are you asking if it is possible to replace it programmatically during your development process? If you are asking about doing it while your application is running then the answer is no, you can't change it dynamically. If this is what you would like to do then you should use a ring control. If you are asking about doing it during your development then I believe the answer is that it is possible. I haven't done this myself so I can't give you the specifics for doing it. If you are doing this during development I would have to ask if you are using typedef's or not. Typedef's do propigate the control's changes to all code that use it.

I am talking about during the software running. If the enum stay seperately I think I can handle it, but it's stay in a cluster and reference from subVIs.

QUOTE (Thang Nguyen @ Mar 5 2009, 01:05 PM)

I am talking about during the software running. If the enum stay seperately I think I can handle it, but it's stay in a cluster and reference from subVIs.

I don't think this is possible. You will have to use a ring control and replace the items on that dynamically.