Bambi meets Godzilla

crelf

QUOTE (Michael Aivaliotis @ Mar 11 2009, 03:41 PM)

I remember watching this back in the 70s as a kid. However, I can't remember the context. Was it before a movie or what? Maybe I saw it on SNL. Not sure. I remember thinking at the time: "That's brilliantly funny".

The first time I saw it was as a preview/accompaniment to a Star Trek bloopers reel.

I have a question Crelf.........

Do you actually do any "work" while at work?

You always seem too come up with all sorts or weird (but always funny) stuff, where do you get it all from?

I forward on most of your finds and my boss ups me because "I must just sit around surfing the net because of all the shit I forward on"

Perhaps you are a lot smarter than me and don't forward your finds to your boss, one day I might learn, one day.

QUOTE (Maca @ Mar 12 2009, 07:43 AM)

my boss ups me...

Is that a typo or an Aussie term I'm not familiar with?

In any case - probably not a good idea to forward too much to your boss ;) unless you're getting all of your TPS reports in on time.

QUOTE (Michael Aivaliotis @ Mar 11 2009, 06:41 PM)

Me too! I saw it on TV, and my mother was a little concerned that I would be upset by it (I was a wee one back then) - instead I proclaimed it the funniest thing I'd ever seen (hey - I was 5!) I have no idea why it popped into my head yesterday.

QUOTE (Maca @ Mar 12 2009, 09:43 AM)

Do you actually do any "work" while at work? You always seem too come up with all sorts of ... stuff, where do you get it all from? I forward on most of your finds and my boss ups me because "I must just sit around surfing the net because of all the shit I forward on"

I am omnipotent.

QUOTE (TobyD @ Mar 12 2009, 10:06 AM)

"getting up someone" is refers to getting up in someone's face (angry), or more commonly http://forum.wordreference.com/showpost.php?p=2526109&postcount=2' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">getting the wind up them (scaring them). Although, I'm sure it could mean many different things - I'm not sure how close Maca is with his boss eyebrows.gif

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 13 2009, 04:20 AM)

Don't you mean: Omniscient

Yep in this case "ups", means sounding angry but not meaning it.

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 13 2009, 04:20 AM)

I'm not sure how close Maca is with his boss
eyebrows.gif

Yep Ive got a good job, we are always mucking around and playing practical jokes on each other.

But Mike isn't that keen on me polishing his bald spot with a dirty rag at smoko!! (who would of thought?)

QUOTE (Maca @ Mar 12 2009, 10:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure he meant Omnipotent. He is...... Omnipotent after all..... which would also make him Omniscient I assume? :-)

QUOTE (Maca @ Mar 12 2009, 09:43 AM)

I have a question Crelf.........

Do you actually do any "work" while at work?

You always seem too come up with all sorts or weird (but always funny) stuff, where do you get it all from?

I forward on most of your finds and my boss ups me because "I must just sit around surfing the net because of all the shit I forward on"

Perhaps you are a lot smarter than me and don't forward your finds to your boss, one day I might learn, one day.

I would assume he has been contracted to design an algorithm to mine for funny youtube videos and post them on lava and implement it in LabVIEW to increase morale in the LabVIEW community. He is merely testing it out. It looks like this may have backfired and some morale seems to have decreased.