LabVIEW 8.6 slow startup time

Has anyone encountered this? I have a customer who complains about the following:

When I start LabVIEW 8.6 with my network connection active, it takes a long time. But, with the network disabled/unplugged, it starts up very quickly. It's worth noting that this doesn't happen in 8.2

Any LabVIEW.ini keys or other settings that might help?

I had some delay problems when there were a couple toolkits on a machine with an expired license for that toolkit (primarily VI Analyzer). Once I uninstalled them, the problem disappeared.

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Mar 16 2009, 12:58 PM)

Has anyone encountered this? I have a customer who complains about the following:

When I start LabVIEW 8.6 with my network connection active, it takes a long time. But, with the network disabled/unplugged, it starts up very quickly. It's worth noting that this doesn't happen in 8.2

Any LabVIEW.ini keys or other settings that might help?

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Mar 16 2009, 12:59 PM)

Check your print settings. Is 8.6 searching for a non-existent remote printer?

I have noticed that if the defaul printer is 'far away' (I'm on the VPN instead of at the office) then the VI Properties dialog takes forever to open. If I change the printer to something local (like the MS XPS fake printer) then it opens fast.

How can I permenantly change LV to point to the XPS printer? It seems to lose this setting everytime I close LV. Since I never print from LV, I don't care if it is pointing to a real printer.

QUOTE (rpursley @ Mar 16 2009, 03:41 PM)

I had some delay problems when there were a couple toolkits on a machine with an expired license for that toolkit (primarily VI Analyzer). Once I uninstalled them, the problem disappeared.

That was actually a bug in LabVIEW that I introduced in 8.6 where an expired VI Analyzer license would cause the long LabVIEW launch time (sorry about that). It's fixed in 8.6.1. The easiest workaround, as you discovered, was to uninstall the VI Analyzer after its license expired.

-D