Instance and VI server

Can anyone explain we what is the relation between VI sever and Instance. If I open a VI in project instance and I use a property node to get the VI server port configured it shows me zero and when I do the same in Main Instance I get the port number what is configured. Can anyone explain me how are they related and why are they related.

Thanks

QUOTE (RAJKU @ Mar 22 2009, 10:37 AM)

Can anyone explain we what is the relation between VI sever and Instance. If I open a VI in project instance and I use a property node to get the VI server port configured it shows me zero and when I do the same in Main Instance I get the port number what is configured. Can anyone explain me how are they related and why are they related.

Thanks

Can you post code or at least a screen capture of code?

QUOTE (Val Brown @ Mar 22 2009, 06:49 PM)

Here is the screenshot.......Trying to get an insight of what is happening inside

QUOTE (RAJKU @ Mar 22 2009, 07:29 PM)

Here is the screenshot.......Trying to get an insight of what is happening inside

Here the service name is same for both the instance. Dont get confused the I forcefully changed it to main application instance. But it is actually MY computer/VI Server was the service name.

I haven't played extensively with the VI Server but are you running one of these in a project and one outside a project? If so, you would need to configure the VI Server for the project. I haven't experimented with this but I suspect you might be able to run multiple VI Server's on a single machine provided you managed your ports properly.