Using the USB-6008 for D I/O

jmtj6009

Once i get it up and going, i'll post some videos on you tube:).

Also, Justin,

My group decided to throw a servo at me so we can control the throttle of the engine. Should i just go online and buy a servo controller or is it possible to use one of the extra channels in this controller to control the Servo?

-Jim

Servo takes a little more effort to run smooth. I have had success with the printer port on my computer (but it wasn't super smooth).

That being said, that Sparkfun platform is more than enough to do what you need (but you'll need an H-Bridge) if you're willing to modify the code (an EE student over there could help you).

-Justin

*A reasonable prebuilt servo driver is here http://www.hobbycnc.com/products/hobbycnc-...ver-board-kits/

could you use one of these on one of the extra PWM channels?

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5084mg_servo.html

-Justin

Justin,

I just got the prototype board in, and im expecting the digikey stuff shortly. Once i get everything, should i hook up the programmer and have at it? I was wondering if you had code I could work with to get started. I remember you saying it shouldn't take too long after i get everything to start using the chip :).

thanks alot! hope your weekend went well.

-Jim

*also, an EE student over here had some chips he already programmed for a servo to lend me, so i think i should be okay on that side :)

Hey jmt,

Which kind of servo are you referring to? I would recommend keeping it to one chip if you can, and a Hobby Servo (servocity) might work best for your situation and should be around $20.

btw, here is my testbench for the uC. So far I have two PWM and the ADC written and working. Should take care of the rest this week I think.

-Justin