Why is LabVIEW counting right-clicks?

I was fiddling around with Cheat Engine and LabVIEW, and I found that it seems to be counting the number of times I access the context menu on a numeric constant. Does anybody know what's going on? This doesn't seem like something LabVIEW would need to keep track of!

QUOTE (flarn2006 @ Mar 29 2009, 04:23 PM)
I was fiddling around with Cheat Engine and LabVIEW, and I found that it seems to be counting the number of times I access the context menu on a numeric constant. Does anybody know what's going on? This doesn't seem like something LabVIEW would need to keep track of!
You might be surprised at the easter eggs you discover somewhere around the 9,876th click (in a single session of LabVIEW).

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Mar 30 2009, 01:13 PM)

I have a solution.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zewb8PcL5cs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zewb8PcL5cs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You'd probably have to get that dress tailored a bit though to fit.... :laugh:

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Mar 29 2009, 04:42 PM)

You might be surprised at the easter eggs you discover somewhere around the 9,876th click (in a single session of LabVIEW).
I would just like to say at this point that I could not resist the temptation to set this up as an April Fool's joke. My apologies to those who spent an evening right-clicking. Since the original poster had a hex editor, I just assumed he'd set the count to 9875 and see what happens.

For the record, I don't know why LV would be counting mouse clicks, but my guess is that it is a common strategy for marking objects that have been visited -- instead of using a flag that you have to clear after every traversal, use an integer and just increment it when you visit for a given traversal, so you can tell whether you've visited on this traversal or not. Just a guess.