Urgently : Need Help

Zest

Hi ! , i'm newbies in Labview program but my teacher want me to create poster.

inside poster he want me to explain how to creat labview block that can generate PWM and can adjust Duty cycle, frequency.

all that i need is

using Labview 7.1

using USB DAQ not use DAQmx( My teacher was angry when he saw my last poster using DAQmx)

create Front panel and block diagram of PWM that can generate PWM from USB DAQ (capturing signal by using scope)( * mostly important thing that i need )

and explain step to create with step by step (just a little explaination of every step)

anyway my teacher give me only 20 hr. to send before get " F " in this subject and i can't graduated this year because only this poster...

thank you very much for your kind

QUOTE (jcarmody @ Mar 30 2009, 10:09 AM)

Yes i have already searched it

may be my key word doesn't match with the result anyway even block diagram is nearly match which i want but its type DAQmx.

I need USB DAQ type ( i don't know what are they different but my teacher want USB DAQ type )

when i open example in block diagram it has a ? in some block because of DAQmx (also attach file )

Thank you very much

QUOTE (Zest @ Mar 30 2009, 05:13 AM)

Hi ! , i'm newbies in Labview program but my teacher want me to create poster.

inside poster he want me to explain how to creat labview block that can generate PWM and can adjust Duty cycle, frequency.

all that i need is

using Labview 7.1

using USB DAQ not use DAQmx( My teacher was angry when he saw my last poster using DAQmx)

create Front panel and block diagram of PWM that can generate PWM from USB DAQ (capturing signal by using scope)( * mostly important thing that i need )

and explain step to create with step by step (just a little explaination of every step)

anyway my teacher give me only 20 hr. to send before get " F " in this subject and i can't graduated this year because only this poster...

thank you very much for your kind

I hate to say it, but if your mark in the course comes to this "poster" and you have not learned what is necessary to figure it out on your own, maybe you have not applied yourself to the course work with due diligence in the months leading up to this point. I suppose the class could also be poorly conceived and unfair, but that is generally not the case when a passing or failing comes to barely succeeding in one last bit of panicky work. I doubt if LAVA can help you become a success in this case (the 20 hours has elapsed as well I think).

I am sorry, and good luck next semester,

Mike

Hello Zest,

Here is a simple example. There are more efficient and proper ways to do such a task, but I think this fits your situation.

That being said:

Slacking is a fact of academic life. However please try to mask it with a little more grace next time. Your post discredits both your reputation and your abilities.

Best of Luck,

Justin

QUOTE (JustinReina @ Mar 30 2009, 12:31 PM)

That being said:

Slacking is a fact of academic life.

Best of Luck,

Justin

Justin,

That is a very broad stroke.

I know it was a throwaway comment, but I think it is unfair.

I know too many working students and parent/students to feel this is a fair commentary.

There are a lot of people who are slack, but it is not a fact of life for many. The un-slack are not obvious, you only see them in class, the lab, or the library; you don't see them when they are at work or at home caring for their family.

Hello mross,

My intent was to elicit some consideration towards etiquette. I apologize if it came off with the wrong tone.

I am also a student well along the academic path, and my initial reaction was to compare his situation to my own. There have been many instances where I needed to learn something quick, but didn't have the resources/time to complete it.

My apologies again for any offense taken. That being said, I do not feel it to be a throwaway comment, nor unfair. Perhaps 'slacking' was not the correct vocabulary.

-Justin

Hello Zest,

I only browsed quickly, and missed your post about capturing the signal too. Is this still something you have need for?

Also, what exactly are you referring to with USB-DAQ? I am familiar with DAQmx, but not DAQ. My previous post was

using DAQmx, perhaps this post was incorrect :)

Best of Luck,

-Justin

Well my teacher just say using USB DAQ not DAQmx !!

so i think that's mean using DAQ not use DAQmx like you said

I want front panel that can show the signal when run the program

by the way i can't open your file justin because i'm using Labview 7.1

could you please capturing Front panel with that can show signal run when run program

and also using DAQ in stead of DAQmx

so all that I want is Front panel and Block diagram with using DAQ not DAQmx

Thank you very much

QUOTE (JustinReina @ Mar 31 2009, 02:46 AM)

Try this.

-Justin

Well it's still can't open

and it say like this file is new version than my Labview 7.1

so could you please capturing Front panel while run program ( my teacher want to see signal ) and Block diagram

with not using DAQmx ?

Thank you very much

Here ya go:

By the way,

What kind of course is this for? High school? College?

also I think I found what you mean by 'USB-DAQ'. Are you referring to NI-DAQ? See the link.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/825/lang/en

I didn't know about this stuff until just now. If that's your drivers you need to use, best of luck with them.

-Justin