Installing stand alone program on a computer without labview on it

Hello everyone,

I can't seem to figure out this little problem.

With my program I have made an installer to transfer it to another computer. I put it on one computer (has an older labview on it), and everything seems to work great. Then I put it on another computer without labview on it and it seems that it wont let me select a com port in my control to a serial connection. The rest of the program works fine... it just wont display the serial output which it needs to make the program function correctly. Is this because the measurement & automation program needs to be installed? Or maybe something else?

QUOTE (Kubo @ Mar 31 2009, 12:20 PM)

Hello everyone,

With my program I have made an installer to transfer it to another computer. I put it on one computer (has an older labview on it), and everything seems to work great. Then I put it on another computer without labview on it and it seems that it wont let me select a com port in my control to a serial connection. The rest of the program works fine... it just wont display the serial output which it needs to make the program function correctly. Is this because the measurement & automation program needs to be installed? Or maybe something else?

If your serial port is selected with a VISA control, then you need to deploy the VISA Runtime in order for the control and the VISA functions to work. You don't need MAX.

QUOTE (Kubo @ Mar 31 2009, 03:20 PM)

Hello everyone,

Have you installed VISA?

George