Not working in other PC

d_nikolaos

If you've made sure all the software and drivers are the same on the 2 computers, then what's left is hardware. Are the 2 computers exactly the same? If not, make sure you're accessing the same serial port on both. If you're using Windows, you can check the COM#s for your serial ports in Device Manager.

Cat

QUOTE (Cat @ Apr 3 2009, 02:20 PM)

If you've made sure all the software and drivers are the same on the 2 computers, then what's left is hardware. Are the 2 computers exactly the same? If not, make sure you're accessing the same serial port on both. If you're using Windows, you can check the COM#s for your serial ports in Device Manager.

Cat

Both of them are Windows Xp. The one that make the program has 2.4ghz processor and the other that i make the test is i think 3.2ghz.

QUOTE (d_nikolaos @ Apr 6 2009, 08:09 AM)

Both of them are Windows Xp. The one that make the program has 2.4ghz processor and the other that i make the test is i think 3.2ghz.

2.4ghz or 3.2ghz makes about as much difference for your issue as the brand of monitor.

1) Again, like crossrulz said, make sure you have VISA installed by looking in MAX.

2) Are you getting an error? If so, what's the error number/source?

3) If you have VISA and are returning no errors.. Check your cable, make sure one is not a null modem (cross pins 2 and 3). Make sure the computer is setup properly. Check Device Manager. Perhaps the COM port is setup wrong for your configuration.

(SnagIt edge effects rule! :laugh: )

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Apr 6 2009, 09:38 PM)

Check Device Manager. Perhaps the COM port is setup wrong for your configuration.

Since more than one application might share a resource like the COM port, I think it is good practice to setup the communications within your application, instead of relying on the "global" settings.

My 2c

/J