How to Connect USB-6009 to MAX?

ssteven121

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble connecting to a USB-6009 DAQ card. It was working previously, but no longer. Right now, I'm using Labview 7, NI-DAQmx 8.1, MAX 3.0.

Previously, I connected the USB-6009 to the computer and directed it to the NI-DAQmx 8.1 folder to find its drivers, which worked. For some reason, I am no longer able to connect to the device--it will no longer even pass the self-test (error -50251). When I run a program that uses the DAQ card.

I tried uninstalling the driver for the DAQ card (right-click My Computer>>Properties>>Hardware>>Device Manager>>Data Acquisition Devices>>right-click offending device and uninstall. I then proceed to reconnect the device to the computer and try to install the driver by directing it to the NI-DAQmx 8.1 folder as before. However, it never finds it. Any ideas about what could be the problem? I've done numerous restarts already. Thanks for the help,

Steven

Did you try another PC?

A different USB port?

A different USB cable?

Check the power on the device? (Some USB devices need external power, some are bus-powered).

I find the NI hardware very robust and have hardly come across failed DAQ cards in my experience. Usually its the associated interconnects that fail. I've had ground traces burnt out on the breakout boards (due to faulty wiring and large ground loops) to DAQ cards that make it look like the DAQ channel is "dead".

N.