Windows can't open .LLB files. Help me!

What do you mean by Windows can't open it? Do you mean that if you double click on it it doesn't start LabVIEW? Windows by itself has no clue what to do with a .llb file. It needs to know that it is associated with LabVIEW and pass the file off to LabVIEW for handling. Can you open the .llb file directly from LabVIEW?

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ Apr 7 2009, 08:43 PM)

What do you mean by Windows can't open it? Do you mean that if you double click on it it doesn't start LabVIEW? Windows by itself has no clue what to do with a .llb file. It needs to know that it is associated with LabVIEW and pass the file off to LabVIEW for handling. Can you open the .llb file directly from LabVIEW?

Labview can't open this file too. In the window Error write : Generic file I/O error.

I am work in this file in the morning ,save the project and close it and after that I can't open it.

Its probably corrupted. llbs can sometimes be corrupted. There is no way to retrieve the VI's inside. Go back to a previously saved backup if you have any.

Moral of the story: it is better to use folders than llb's. There is no reason nowadays to use an llb. In the bad old days of Win 3.1, the llb's allowed you to name your VI's longer than the 8.3 file naming convention, but that is not the case any longer.

You can right-click on an llb and convert to a folder of VI's (I think).

Sorry!

N.