Mixing sports metaphors with LabVIEW...

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Apr 12 2009, 04:34 PM)

"I only want to see the important parts, but it keeps showing me every play-by-play. I thought this was supposed to be execution highlights."

Ha! Just another example where the engineering and sporting worlds a complete opposites :)

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Apr 12 2009, 12:34 PM)

"I only want to see the important parts, but it keeps showing me every play-by-play. I thought this was supposed to be execution highlights."

Now that you've brought it up, it would be pretty cool to be able to select an area of a diagram and say "highlight execution only among these nodes, but run the rest of the code without highlighting."

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Apr 12 2009, 07:54 PM)

Now that you've brought it up, it would be pretty cool to be able to select an area of a diagram and say "highlight execution only among these nodes, but run the rest of the code without highlighting."

I'd settle for being able to highlight execution on structures.

• 7 months later...

DOUBLE POST- sorry I should have searched first and posted second. This has already been discussed here:

I found some code that I had written years ago and had since forgotten about, but it does exactly what is being discussed in this topic. In the included zip file is Example.vi, Diagram below. To use in your own diagram, drag HighLightExecution.xnode. I originally wrote this to test using xnodes for quickly changing block diagram function. The attached code is in LabVIEW 8.2.

post-987-125898737478_thumb.png

HighLightExecution.zip

Edited by brian175