LabView 8.6 ActiveX Data Typing Issue

Hey Guys & Gals,

Fairly new to the Labview ActiveX tools... I have a 3rd party API [x.dll] I am duplicating some VB.net code [and adding other features] in Labview... I create a reference [Automation Open], access the parameters via Invoke Node, most of the parameters are double integers, and work fine. A couple parameters [in .net] are system.array of doubles. In the invoke node, they show up as variants... I try to take the LabView array of double, "to variant" or coerced, neither method properly get the data table into the api... any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I've had this problem. Take a look at the attached picture. My ActiveX server was a LabVIEW EXE and so was my ActiveX client (the shown VI). In your case your ActiveX server will be your API and your ActiveX client is your VI.

I had to do what is shown in the attached picture to solve my problem. I thought that paramVals was a 2-D array, but it turned out it was a variant which itself contained a 1D array of variants. Each of the 1D arrays in turn contained a 1D array of variants. It took a lot of digging around in documentation to figure this out.

post-14198-1240149226.jpg?width=400