OBEX OPP Over Bluetooth

Hi Peeps.

I thought I'd put this out into the wild before completion because I'm not going to get around to it again for another few months and as I've not seen anything else around; thought it might be useful.

It's a partial implementation of the OBEX protocol with an example of the OBEX Object Push Profile over bluetooth for sending files to mobile devices (vards,vcalendars, images,music etc).

Load up the BT Push File.vi (top directory) and set the address and you should be good to go to send files to your mobile phone.

The example has been tested on both the Microsoft and Widcomm stack to send files to samsung (U600, i8510) and nokia (N95,N81) phones without any problems, but (as with any new software) I am expecting a few teething problems so let me know and (no promises) I'll see what I can do.

If you are using the Widcomm stack. I would suggest pairing first because Widomm requires authentication and the authentication manager takes quite a while to pair so you will time out. The Microsoft stack doesn't require authentication first so need to pair at all.

Download File:post-15232-1240155321.zip

• 4 years later...

Hello ShauR, I have downloaded the labview code but cannot transfer file correctly. I have always been receiving error:

code-xCB

source-OBEX Error Sending Filename

I can transfer file correctly using default programme on PC but get error using labview code.

I use my laptop as bluetooth server and my cell phone MEIZU MX as client(I change to samsung and get the same result as well).

I notice there is a completed version on lavag.org/topic/12995-cr-opp-push-file/ but I can not download.

I do not know how to fix the problem. Can you help me? Thank you!

Hello ShauR, I have downloaded the labview code but cannot transfer file correctly. I have always been receiving error:

code-xCB

source-OBEX Error Sending Filename

I can transfer file correctly using default programme on PC but get error using labview code.

I use my laptop as bluetooth server and my cell phone MEIZU MX as client(I change to samsung and get the same result as well).

I notice there is a completed version on lavag.org/topic/12995-cr-opp-push-file/ but I can not download.

I do not know how to fix the problem. Can you help me? Thank you!

oooooh,  that was a long time ago now. I'll see if I can dig it out

• 1 year later...

Shaun,

I am having the same issue KunKun211 had in a previous post. Did you solve his issue? If so, what steps do I need to take to get this example code working?

Thanks for your help,

I got as far as thinking it required a session parameter which is used in later protocols but I no longer have access to the OBEX spec which is behind a pay-wall. That's not to say it can't be done, it just means it will be a lot, lot harder to find information and some protocol sniffing.which was where I was at when if fell off my radar. I'll have a another look at the weekend to see if I can do anything.

Shaun,

I am having the same issue KunKun211 had in a previous post. Did you solve his issue? If so, what steps do I need to take to get this example code working?

Thanks for your help,

OK. Figured it out. The spec has changed quite a lot over the 5 or so years since it was written-damned progress :D I've got it working now with some non trivial changes i.e. it works but is a mess and it needs refactoring. So my question is what is your timeline for this? Do you need it by tomorrow, by the weekend? By next month? By next year?

Attached is a tentative alpha for 2.0.0. As much as I hate the alpha and beta philosophy, I only have one test device so I am not comfortable in fully releasing as it may be tuned to that one device. I usually pull products I cannot adequately test; the choice was an alpha release or remove it completely and put it back in my "cool stuff for me" toolbox. But I said I would do something so lets see if we can get this usable for most people with a view to a release proper.

Oh. And I changed the licence to a much more amenable BSD3 ;)

.OPP 2.0.0-ALPHA.zip

Of course, if you want to send me lots and lots of bluetooth enabled phones, I'll happily support them :D

Edited by ShaunR
  • 1 year later...

Hi Shaun,

I am trying to use your code to send files from my laptop to a Raspberry Pi 3 that is running an obex server. An error occurs during the Bluetooth read within the transport read VI. Any suggestions or further information on what causes this error is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

56 minutes ago, Dannymo37 said:

I am trying to use your code to send files from my laptop to a Raspberry Pi 3 that is running an obex server. An error occurs during the Bluetooth read within the transport read VI. Any suggestions or further information on what causes this error is greatly appreciated.

Seeing as you have not specified what the error is; I had to mind-meld with your Raspberry PI 3 and it informs me it is just trolling you. :D

1 hour ago, ShaunR said:

Seeing as you have not specified what the error is; I had to mind-meld with your Raspberry PI 3 and it informs me it is just trolling you. :D

Apologies,

error code- 38

source- Bluetooth Read in Transport.lvlib:Transport Read.vi:2760002->BT Write-Read.vi:670001->BT Send Name.vi:2040001->BT Transmit File.vi:2460001->BT Push File.vi

21 hours ago, Dannymo37 said:

Apologies,

error code- 38

source- Bluetooth Read in Transport.lvlib:Transport Read.vi:2760002->BT Write-Read.vi:670001->BT Send Name.vi:2040001->BT Transmit File.vi:2460001->BT Push File.vi

Seems to be an error in the LabVIEW read function rather than an OBEX protocol error (which would have "OBEX Error "). I would expect this sort of error if the server was closing the session before attempting to read. What does the server log say about the connection when you see this error?

Edited by ShaunR