How can I pass specific cluster(struct) to my c++ application from

Hi All;

I have a separated projects in c++ and labview and which have to share dynamically created data each other. I have tried socket usage on UDP and can send string data via socket from Labview to c++ app. But I don't know how can I pass cluster (in c++ struct) data from labview.

Could anyone show me or give me any reference about kind of these operations to make me achieve?

Thanks in advance.

Umit Uzun

QUOTE (Umit Uzun @ Apr 21 2009, 02:44 AM)

Hi All;

I have a separated projects in c++ and labview and which have to share dynamically created data each other. I have tried socket usage on UDP and can send string data via socket from Labview to c++ app. But I don't know how can I pass cluster (in c++ struct) data from labview.

Could anyone show me or give me any reference about kind of these operations to make me achieve?

Thanks in advance.

Umit Uzun

Use the LabVIEW "Flatten to String" function - this will serialize a LabVIEW data cluster into a byte stream that can then be unpacked by the C++ app into a C++ struct - for example

LabVIEW cluster: Numeric (Double), Numeric (U32 Int), Array (U16) (note that this must be a populated array of the same size as the target struct)

to pass this to a struct of

struct LVData

{

double x;

int y;

short array[100];

};

Then just wire the cluster up to flatten to string (wire a false constant into the "prepend array or string size? " control) and then pass the flattened string to your C++ app. Now that app will have to deserialize into a struct.

Mark

QUOTE (mesmith @ Apr 21 2009, 03:40 PM)

Use the LabVIEW "Flatten to String" function - this will serialize a LabVIEW data cluster into a byte stream that can then be unpacked by the C++ app into a C++ struct - for example

LabVIEW cluster: Numeric (Double), Numeric (U32 Int), Array (U16) (note that this must be a populated array of the same size as the target struct)

to pass this to a struct of

struct LVData

{

double x;

int y;

short array[100];

};

Then just wire the cluster up to flatten to string (wire a false constant into the "prepend array or string size? " control) and then pass the flattened string to your C++ app. Now that app will have to deserialize into a struct.

Mark

Hi Mark;

Thanks so much. I have resolved the problem with your awesome directions :thumbup:

Best Regards.

Umit Uzun