QUOTE (manojba @ Apr 29 2009, 09:00 AM)

Hi, how to create hypertext link in labview i have splash screen for about button, in the splash screen I have my companys website link as of now its a underlined text how to make it a hyperlink so when somebody clicks on it it should open the website thanks in advance...

How about this;

1. detect mouse click on the link text (easy to do with the event structure)

2. launch default browser as Antoine suggested, or you could embed the webpage in your application using an ActiveX container.

/J

QUOTE (Yair @ Apr 29 2009, 03:12 PM)

Thanks everyone actually I had used open Url in default browser vi and to trigger it I used Flat square button in front panel with color of background so that it was not visible but i had problem with it whenever user clicks on text the button is not pressed as it is behind text but if user clicks area behind text it works but it is not working as i need it bcoz its difficult to press the button you will come to know by seeing the following fig

Then i changed to event structure though its working fine but it would have been nice if it worked on clicking text and not whole panel.

QUOTE (manojba @ Apr 29 2009, 08:00 AM)

Hi, how to create hypertext link in labview i have splash screen for about button, in the splash screen I have my companys website link as of now its a underlined text how to make it a hyperlink so when somebody clicks on it it should open the website thanks in advance...

Hmm. Got me thinking. This would be a good one for a Coding Challenge.

Who could write the best URL Label XControl.

Be nice to be able to just plonk one on the FP.

QUOTE (manojba @ Apr 29 2009, 03:45 AM)

Thanks everyone actually I had used open Url in default browser vi and to trigger it I used Flat square button in front panel with color of background so that it was not visible but i had problem with it whenever user clicks on text the button is not pressed as it is behind text but if user clicks area behind text it works but it is not working as i need it bcoz its difficult to press the button you will come to know by seeing the following fig

Then i changed to event structure though its working fine but it would have been nice if it worked on clicking text and not whole panel.

1) It's better to make the boolean transparent instead of matching the background. Then if you are using system color or if you change the background, it will always work

2) Use the boolean's "Boolean Text" property rather than just a string overlaid on your boolean. Then the whole thing will be clickable.

QUOTE (LV_FPGA_SE @ Apr 29 2009, 10:58 PM)

Hi there can you post your vi again using save for previous version and changing it to version 8.0 bcoz i have v8.0 so i couldnt open your vi and it would be better if you post it quickly thanks...

QUOTE (jdunham @ Apr 29 2009, 08:28 PM)

1) It's better to make the boolean transparent instead of matching the background. Then if you are using system color or if you change the background, it will always work

2) Use the boolean's "Boolean Text" property rather than just a string overlaid on your boolean. Then the whole thing will be clickable.

Thanks for your suggestion of making boolean transparent it has solved my earlier problem, this is how it works by making boolean transperent.