3 replies to this topic

#1 vidya

vidya

I've come back for more.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 17 2006, 09:59 PM)

i want to play a video file in labview without using any tools is this possible plz can any one help me

#2 vidya

vidya

I've come back for more.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 17 2006, 09:59 PM)

i want to play a video file in labview without using any tools is this possible plz can any one help me

#3 Val Brown

Val Brown

The 500 club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:18 AM

Here's a starting point that I hope is helpful.

If you're using v8.6 on the FP use Controls/.Net & ActiveX/Windows Media Player. This will give you a container that support the functionality of WMP. Using Property and Invoke Nodes with the Reference it provides gives you complete access to WMP. If you're not using 8.6 -- but an earlier version -- some don't have this container pre-defined for you but that's not a problem. Just drop an ActiveX container and then point it to WMP.

There are a number of examples available online.

All of my objects are byval

#4 Val Brown

Val Brown

The 500 club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:18 AM

Here's a starting point that I hope is helpful.

If you're using v8.6 on the FP use Controls/.Net & ActiveX/Windows Media Player. This will give you a container that support the functionality of WMP. Using Property and Invoke Nodes with the Reference it provides gives you complete access to WMP. If you're not using 8.6 -- but an earlier version -- some don't have this container pre-defined for you but that's not a problem. Just drop an ActiveX container and then point it to WMP.

There are a number of examples available online.

All of my objects are byval