Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Jordan, the Beta is public. This means you can still participate in the beta forum. That would be the place to ask. https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-2021-Public-Beta/bd-p/labview-2021-beta
  3. The SetProperty method still doesn't support dotted property names in LV 2020. Using the attached VI will allow for a smooth transition if SetProperty is every upgraded. Set Property Item.vi
  4. Any word if Silverlight is being replaced in 2021? (sorry don't intend to thread hijack, but I don't know if I'll be able to participate in the Beta this year)
  5. Today
  6. We also have iDeal here in the Netherlands! 😀
  7. That was one of the main reasons.
  8. Did they give a reason? I'm betting has something to do with "Microsoft CE" being a thing, and they don't want to even remotely draw any negative attention from Microshaft.
  9. I had heard that they were entertaining the idea of supporting Discover... but even fewer people use it.
  10. Hi everyone. I'm writing an Utility to retrieve image from Remote RT PXI system under PharLap 15 and RealTime 15. I use Create System Image.vi for that. During the execution this vi returns an error with code -2147220331 and description that some files on remote system might be corrupted. I desided to find out what is wrong with files and what are this files. So I have "config3.mxs", "config3.mxs.jnl" and "RT" (with no extension). What kind of problem is this?
  11. The unchange is in other solutions called mask. And it is in reality simply doing a read, with a boolean combined OR of the value and an AND of the mask and then writing it back.
  12. VISA is ok but not everyone uses it so...
  13. Thank you for the response. I've checked the *.dll and you are right I found out, there is an "unchage" option in the "Set GPIO Values" VI, so it's very easy to implement one Pin opereations, simply making the rest "unchange"
  14. Yesterday
  15. I have a program that reads a cDAQ NI 9221 Analog input card. Occasionally (1 in 3Billion), one of the values is 0.000000V. Using an NI 9189 chassis with an NI 9221 Analog input card. The task is set up to capture at an 8k rate and read n samples at a time. My program reviews the values and records a 2000 point chunk to excel if there is an error with the voltages. The program needs to run for 45hrs at a time, so over a billion readings per run. Once in a while, maybe once every three 45hr cycles, one of the errors logged is because of a 0.000000V reading. Adjacent readings are pe
  16. I used to use EyeStudio some years back. It worked quite well for finding buttons, clicking, entering text, evaluating visual results. https://eyeautomate.com/eyestudio/. At the time, it was free, but now its not, and quite expensive. So I have no idea if it is worth it now or how the product has evolved. Perhaps its great now or perhaps its an old unmaintained product they are trying to sell. But I wish I had this type of product now.
  17. The LabVIEW 2021 Beta is now available for download. https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-2021-Public-Beta/LabVIEW-2021-Beta-Now-Available/td-p/4144143
  18. Last week
  19. Thanks ensegre and Mads. I think the CAR related to what you two talked about is CAR 202900. Unfortunately I don't think this applies to my problem.
  20. Thanks Bob and Bryan, I'll try to dig into this.
  21. New version Arbiter with a bug fix. https://labviewportal.org/viewtopic.php?p=85632#p85632
  22. You could run the build in its own context, which (to my knowledge) does not save any changes unless option 0x2 is active (see Wiki for more details). Application class/Context.Create Local Host App Instance method - LabVIEW Wiki
  23. Thanks, this is very helpful. One more reason to replace the built-in functions with your library.
  24. I reported that in 2018: CAR 605085. I don't think they are planning on fixing it. Must use C strings under the hood.
  25. Hi, I've been working on this for years but I still haven't managed to set up a build server that builds reliably. My inputs are a vipc file and a .lvproj with all relevant files checkout via git. From there it's a two-step process. A powershell script makes 2 separate calls to labview using two small helper vis: 1.) apply vipc file using VIPM API; close labview entirely 2.) build the project given a build spec name In the end of step 2 it comes down to this And I have no idea if the last 2 steps are needed but I'm definitely trying to work around problems t
  26. I recently stumbled upon this issue while debugging an application that didn't handle JSON payload as expected. As it turns out, Unflatten From JSON breaks on NUL characters, even though Flatten To JSON properly encodes them as ("\u0000"). I have confirmed the behavior in LabVIEW 2017, 2019, and 2020 (all with latest service packs and patches), currently waiting for confirmation by NI. Workaround: Use JSONtext
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.