Flow layout system

jzoller

I'm not sure what you're asking. The layout system itself is already implemented somewhere in the depths of Labview. Are you after documentation on that system to improve fp performance? Are you looking for a framework to help with resizing the fp during runtime?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The layout system itself is already implemented somewhere in the depths of Labview. Are you after documentation on that system to improve fp performance? Are you looking for a framework to help with resizing the fp during runtime?

I've certainly wanted to attempt runtime resizing and rearranging of my frontpanel (for an XControl where the user can resize the facade and so I want to be able to rearrange the control elements as required).

I had a brief look into how Tcl/Tk packing layout engines worked, but it looked quite complex so I stopped :(

...Are you looking for a framework to help with resizing the fp during runtime?

That's close.

The system I'm thinking about has embedded rules to deal with how front panel items are rearranged when the screen is resized.

... but it looked quite complex so I stopped sad.gif

That's the impression that I've gotten so far: it's a difficult problem.

I suspect that the diagram cleanup code was worse, though :)