Tab Control to consolidate loops

It seems that my LabVIEW program diagrams are getting too large to fit my screen and I find myself using the windows scrolling feature a lot to move around. This is mainly due to my use of multiple while loops and autonomous subVIs. For example, I might have: a user interface loop containing the event structure; a task loop; a state diagram loop; a loop to pop-up-other VIs; device control/driver loops;... the list goes on. I know I can change my coding techniques to reduce this proliferation, but other methods all have tradeoffs that I don't like. So please, don't respond to this note by advising me on how to revise my coding techniques to eliminate the problem.

I'd like to make things easier for myself by suggesting the following future LabVIEW enhancement.

NI, please provide a Tab Control (or something similar) that can be used to consolidate loops, subVIs and other items that run autonomously. With this, I could place one or more related autonomous loops and subVIs on a diagram window Tab labeled with a descriptive function name. No data need be wired directly between these loops and VIs, so wiring between different Tabs would be no problem (they communicate using queues and globals). It would be quite easy to navigate between functions by just clicking on a Tab rather than by trying to scroll vertically and/or horizontally. I'd like to hear your opinions of this suggestion, and any better suggestions you might have that would, in effect, increase the available diagram screen size.

• 9 months later...