a RLC current control circuit for motor

GSR

Dear all,

My boss asked me a question this morning. :throwpc: He wants to create a RLC circuit to control motor current to mimic a mechanical behavior. The behavior is a mass with two stiffness - varying springs (which stiffness is proportional to the distance) on each side of the mass. Two input forces on the end of the springs respectively. When we add Forces F1 and F2 to the springs on both end, the load (mass) will have net force F1-F2. Moreover, the stiffness changes depending on how far the springs compressed.

Now, you have a motor, a voltage controlled current source and your knowledge to make the "current to torque ratio" in the motor system changes when you still able to control the torque preciously. :frusty:

Dear all,

My boss asked me a question this morning. throwpc.gif He wants to create a RLC circuit to control motor current to mimic a mechanical behavior. The behavior is a mass with two stiffness - varying springs (which stiffness is proportional to the distance) on each side of the mass. Two input forces on the end of the springs respectively. When we add Forces F1 and F2 to the springs on both end, the load (mass) will have net force F1-F2. Moreover, the stiffness changes depending on how far the springs compressed.

Now, you have a motor, a voltage controlled current source and your knowledge to make the "current to torque ratio" in the motor system changes when you still able to control the torque preciously. frusty.gif

Do you have any real world data or can you collect some from the springs? If so, System Identification Toolit might be a good place to start.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13853