Xcontrol: get events into facade.vi

Wim

Hi Lava,

I've a problem with my xcontrol and hope you can help me.

My X-control is an array combined with a few buttons.

I want to use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through the array.

I've made a 'Thread' that runs parallel and generates a user event when the user is scrolling. (Thread: while loop that polls the 'acquire data from device (=mouse))

I even detect if the mouse is on the xcontrol or not (mouse enter, mouse leave events in facade.vi)

When i open the FP of my Thread it does what it should be doing. Boolean is true when mouse is on array ... false when it leaves and I get the scroll value from the mouse.

But ....

I was hoping that LV will run the facade.vi when a user event is generated but it doesn't ...

it builds a buffer and when another event is called in the facade, my array starts dancing (buffer of user events)

What I do:

- create user event in init.vi

- register for events: first call of display state change in facade.vi

- generate user events in parallel thread (detect scrolling)

Sorry but i cannot attach the LV-code because of company policy.

I hope my problem is clear and that someone can give me some tips.

Thanks in advance.

Wim

All,

i have a work arround. ( Thx to my boss )

Now I take a reference to a 'scroll control' in my thread and I write through a prop node val(sgnl) to get a value change event in the facade.

However ... info on using user events is appreciated ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same problem... :(

I wanted to send an event to a group of XControls.

I also had the idea tried to send a Value(sgnl) to my XControls to wake them up,

but these events were also forwarded to my toplevel event handler: It was flooded with events and caused the frontpanel to freeze...

So I ended up in not using custom events for this task. There are many things you can do with a control when

you have its control refnum without the need of sending events. For my XControl I had just to store the refnum

to the main control on the Facade FP and use it later for setting properties. Perhaps you can try a similar trick.