pid temp. control

zdkred6

hi all,

was wondering if anyone out there was able to help me with this.

firstly just a small bit of back ground info about me. i'm a student with a little labview experience, i'm running labview 2009 and using a NI USB-6008 DAQ.

i need to write a labview program that controls air temperature using PID. i will have an anolog input (v) for the temperature read and 2 digital outputs, 1 for the DC fan and 1 for the heating element.

i have done a small bit on this already. using the DAQ assist i can get the AI and in put it to a PID sub VI. when i try to conect the output from the PID vi. to the DAQ assist for the DO's i am unable to. also i'm not sure if i can switch the 2 DO seperatly or do they have to come on together? what i mean is will i be able to switch on the heating element and then pulse on and off the fan as the temperature rises to the set point? i hope this makes sence.

if anyone can please help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

PID is based on Proportional control so it expects your output to work with a 0-100% range, in your case it would have to be PWM and you will need to setup a timer to

control the pulse width. Also remember to scale all of your inputs and outputs to % full scale.

PID is based on Proportional control so it expects your output to work with a 0-100% range, in your case it would have to be PWM and you will need to setup a timer to

control the pulse width. Also remember to scale all of your inputs and outputs to % full scale.

hi sachsm,

thanks for the post. i understand what you are saying but to be honest don't know how to do it in labview. can you sugest somewhere were i can see an example of this. i have tried the NI website but cant find anything on PWM. also i can find lots of examples for AI / AO for the 6008/9 but none for AI / DO. do you or anyone else no where i can find some examples on this please.