Hello

First time, long time.

I'm working on a project for school/my former employer.

I'm going to update the manner in which my former employer tests reconditioned air compressors. This will also count as my TR project for school.

I'm working my way through 'LabVIEW For Everyone' and I find it quite helpful. I am brand new to LabVIEW.

For now I have a basic design for gathering and displaying the data that will be measured. As I go further in the text, I learn new and more efficient ways

to accomplish what I have already done. This part of the project doesn't worry me too much right now.

I am just using digital inputs for controls until I get the program ironned out completely.

The thing I am having trouble with is recording my measurements. I want the program to record the parameters I measure every half hour during the two hour testing process.

I am in chapter 7 right now of the text: Arrays and Clusters. I thought I may find my solution here but it isn't jumping out at me.

I don't want the solution given to me, just a nod in the right direction, as time is becoming a factor and I feel if I can get this part under control, things will be manageable.

Originally I thought a series of timers and some Boolean would do the trick, but LabVIEW seems too advanced for that.

I'm experimenting with the different case structures now. Is this where I should concentrate my efforts? Is there a chapter in the text that anyone familiar feels I should skip to or re-read?(I've gone through Ch. 1-7).

I don't necessarily need the best method at the moment, just one I can figure out and improve upon when I am more comfortable with the program.

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.

sebastian

OK so, I had a bit of a eureka moment. I'm going to attach a little code that has my reading being displayed after 30 seconds.

Do you feel I'm on the right track. The next step is to table the readings every 30 seconds (in practice) for 2 minutes and save the readings for observation.

Thanks again in advance for any thoughts or critiques.

sebastian

Oil Pressure test.vi