Controling a compiled Labview application

Hi Dan,

thank you for your suggestion, I followed the instruction that are described in that topic but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I can't understand where I'm making mistake. Do you know if there is any other document that describe what I have to do to control the application exe with an external VI?

Hi Dan,

thank you for your suggestion, I followed the instruction that are described in that topic but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I can't understand where I'm making mistake. Do you know if there is any other document that describe what I have to do to control the application exe with an external VI?

Can you be a little more specific... what doesn't work? There's a few tips:

If you can't open the application reference:

-make sure the port number you select is available. and that your firewall (if enabled) is not blocking it.

If you can't open the vi reference:

-make sure your using the correct path/name.

If you can't access the control reference:

-make sure your using the label name (if the control is located

-if the control you're after is inside a cluster or on a tab you'll have dig through chain.

I'm not aware of any specific guidance on this outside of LV help. If you post your sample app , INI, and test VI I'll step you through it.

Unfortunately the example I posted is gone and I can't upload from work. (If I find it, I'll post it again this evening.)

~Dan