Hello All,

I have built an application that works well on the development computer but will not find the hardware (cDAQ 9172 chassis) on a different PC.

I have tried various installer configurations and finally loaded all drivers from the latest dvd but still no luck.

The application appears to runs normally but there is no communication with the usb chassis.

I can see the chassis and modules in MAX and everything seems OK.

Is there a box I needed to check when building the installer?

Appreciate any advice,

Hi PatK,

in the executable build specs (Category: Advanced) you can check 'include my computer hardware configuration'.

With this option, all the DAQ tasks from your project will be put in a NI-DAQmx.ini file and loaded when you start the exe.

Otherwise, if you create your DAQ tasks programaticaly ... maybe the device name on the PC's differs: example on your pc it is cDAQ2 and on the other cDAQ1 ?

I hope this helps.

Regards,

WIm

Thanks Wim,

I found the problem last night...

I have done as you said in my previous attempts but it did not work so this time I tried the "Launch MAX Configuration Import Wizard after installation" option in the installer.

Through the wizard, I found that my hardware configuration was a mess (MAX had my NI9205 in slot 9 of an 8 slot chassis).

I corrected the channels and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the suggestion,