Multilingual GUI

crelf

The demo "Language Translation Demo.vi" automatically sets the captions and tip strips to the correct language, and the lower level "Translate Language.vi" can be used on a case-by-case basis to translate strings/words/phrases as required (in all the projects I've used this technique, if I need to set the text in a string indicator, I'd just pass the English through this little VI). A few people bought up a couple of excellent points - my initial description would only change captions, and not other things like chart axis labels, table column headings, etc. I've added in the functionality for these components to be automatically changed as well, although it's not completely comprehensive (for example, it deosn't change actual data - text inside a string control or indicator isn't changed automatically, as it's data - not cosmetic). There are also a couple of limitations (including controls on tab pages not being updated), but I'll post a better version once I've gotten over my NI-Week jetlag. If anyone has any comments, I'd love to hear them.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers,

Christopher

Download File:post-181-1092849603.zip

• 3 years later...