LV-built "additional installers"-only installer?

I'm using NSIS for a couple of my more complicated installs and so far I'm very happy with it.

Mostly what I've used it for so far is to package a LV-built installer with installers for 3rd party applications.

Now I have another problem - I've got several LV exes in an app suite for which I want a single installer. I intend to build installers in labview for each exe and then script an NSIS installer to package them together. All of the exes are optional, all require the LV RTE, and several require some additional LV installer (VISA, DAQmx, etc.). If I add the LVRTE to every exe's installer, the file size will be huge. So I'll package the NI installers in NSIS and build LV installers for the exes only.

I'm assuming that the best way to get these is to download the standalone installers from NI.com (for the RTE, VISA, etc). Any pitfalls here, or alternatives?

I'll note that when you look inside one of these standalone installers, there is a \Products\ directory with a bunch of NI components, each with msi files. Comparing VISA 5.0.3 to 2010RTESP1, there is about 50MB of overlap. I suspect that a LV-built installer with "additional installers" checked skips the redundant products. Is there any way to create a standalone "LV components" installer that is separate from my application's installer?

-B