Creating and controlling scales on Waveform Graphs

MikeC3

Hi all,

I've been stumped by this current problem, so am finally posting after being a frequent reader for a few months now.

I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically create scales and control which side of a graph they show up on.

I know all about the "Duplicate Scale" and "Swap Scale" options on the right click menu, but am wondering why these are not easily accessible from property/invoke nodes. I have looked into the (for me) dark arts of VI scripting and XControls to see if there was any technique there of accomplishing this, but I have been unsuccessful thus far.

My solution to this so far has been to create a graph with a whole bunch of invisible dummy scales, alternating which side they are on, and limiting the number of scales that the user can add to whatever the maximum number of scales I initially created. This works great in individual cases, but I'm searching for a better solution as I develop a generic data grapher class.

I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered a similar situation, and what they ended up doing. I based my solution on this post, so I know others have dealt with this before.

I also was hoping to find out why this isn't able to be done from a property/invoke node, and if there isn't a good reason, submit it to the Idea Exchange. So let me know what you think of that.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...