Ed Dickens

You're right, it's not a big deal because the workaround is easy as you stated. And that is what I ended up doing.

How did I run across it?

I had a few charts on the panel that after the application was stopped, I wanted to turn on the captions over the chart to act like a dialog to show the status of the test.

I

• 10 months later...
Ed, I'm not sure what the big deal is. I understand the behavior but if you just manually make it visible then invisible right away, everything works as desired.  :)   Under what conditions is this a big problem?

2409[/snapback]

I just want to comment about what the big deal is. We've encountered the problem, and thanks to forums like this managed to find out what the problem was. The problem struck us when we were upgrading to 7.1 from an earlier version, and since the application makes use of the properties of about a hundred captions it was a bit tedious. I could well imagine larger applications not wanting to upgrade due to this.