Listbox that just accepts numbers

didierj

Basically I want to implement a list, the user can fill with numbers. Seems simple, but...

- The list just accepts number-keystrokes (0...9), system decimal point, <enter> or <tab> to go to the next line.

- The list doesn't accept empty lines

- vertical scrollbars, since the number of elements is unlimited, but I just can display e.g. 5 elements.

- 1 column, n rows

Now the problems I encouter are:

- either I create an array, then the list just accepts number-keys, but implementing the scrollbars and <tab> is a pain!

- or I implement a table, then I can intercept the keystrokes with a "key-press?" event, but how do I find out which is the system decimal point, and how do I detect an empty line?

Has anyone already solved one of the solutions (I would prefer the second, which means much less coding)?

Thanks

Didier

Prehaps try a simople string control (moved just off screen) and a listbox. Set the string control to update while typing and process each keystroke, passing the "result" you want into the listbox. You can read \n for the enter.

I don't know how you would handle tab, since tabbing usually moves the focus. But, I think you can limit focus (but removing all other controls from the tab list via Advanced:Key Navigation:Skip control while tabbing ), and perhaps in 7+ you can programatically control focus.

Using String:NumberToFractionalString will return a number with the system decimal point in the string. Parse this to get the current system decimal point. eg wire 7.0 as a constant and you should get 7,0 back.