Buffered data acquisition with Bianry save

Hello Everyone,

I would like to perform buffered data acqusition and also record it in Binary format. I would like to view my acquired data on a graph and when I need to record I need to use the record switch. Typically it is a buffered data acquisition with graphing and selectable save to binary format. Can anyone help me design a VI for this purpose. There a Library VIs only to save or to view but not with selectable binary save and view for buffered data acquisition.

Thanks,

Hayden__1977

Hello Everyone,

I would like to perform buffered data acqusition and also record it in Binary format. I would like to view my acquired data on a graph and when I need to record I need to use the record switch. Typically it is a buffered data acquisition with graphing and selectable save to binary format. Can anyone help me design a VI for this purpose. There a Library VIs only to save or to view but not with selectable binary save and view for buffered data acquisition.

Thanks,

Hayden__1977

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Hayden__1977

• 4 weeks later...

Hayden,

Look in the LabVIEW Examples : Search for "Binary" From that hit list open "Cont acq to file (binary).vi" also open "Display Acq'd File (binary).vi" - as this is the reader function.

That example is about 90% of what you want to do. Although the diagram is cluttered - wrap a CASE Statement around the bin file write hooked up to your "record" button. Make sure in the False case you wire thru the File reference.

That should work just fine. Plop a graph in the loop to view the data. If your speed and points are low - the graph & file I/O should keep up.

Otherwise - you'll need to goto a multi loop architecture - one loop acquiring the data & saving - the other displaying the data.

If you need more help - let me know.

Jack Hamilton