System Exec.vi doesn't seem to work.

Does it work for other commands, or do they all fail the same way? As I'm sure you're aware LabVIEW normally doesn't want to create new instances of itself so you would have to give it an argument (that I can never remember) to create a new instance. I'm honestly not sure why that would cause this VI to fail (as opposed to just appearing to do nothing), but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I also noticed there are quotes in the command line. Is that expected? It's been a while since I've used this VI so I can't remember whether those are necessary or forbidden. :)

This is probably a WAY silly idea but did you try setting the working directlory to usr/natinst/LabVIEW-2013/ and then just using labview as the command line (perhaps having done a cd usr/natinst/LabVIEW-2013 first?

That might at least generate some other error messages...

Edited by Val Brown

Ok, so I've been noticing strangeness with LabVIEW on linux. This one is no exception. I restarted LabVIEW and now the command works. Go figure. I'm just glad i'm not developing full-time on Linux because the whole development environment is just sluggish and unresponsive.

I also learned that in order to prevent multiple instances of labview opening up, you need to launch it with a switch:

/usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2014/labview -launch

This will prevent opening a new instance.