Write to LVM File

Is it possible to change the text on File Selection Dialog Titlebar when it is called automatically by a Write to LVM File block? If so, how exactly?

5305[/snapback]

If you're talking about the function I think you are, place it on the block diagram then open the front panel. Browse until you find the file dialog:

Write LabVIEW Measurement File.vi > exSubFileWrite.vi > ex_WriteDataAll.vi > ex_FileDialog.vi

In that VI you'll see that there's a global file that is accessed to set the title, and basically the global is just a constant, so you could change it if you want by setting it in your program. The global file is:

ex_FileGlobals.vi

Variable "LVM file save prompt" reads "Select a file to save.", so if you were to import this global into your program and set the value before calling the Write LabVIEW Measurement File, it would change the title. If you wanted to change it permanentl for all future coding you would be doing in LabVIEW you could just change the value and set it to the default and not have to worry about setting it in your program.

How exactly do I import this global variable value to my vi and change it?

5312[/snapback]

Well if you browse into the subVIs like I was saying you can find the global and just Ctrl+C copy it into your program.

If you want to insert it from a file you can right click the block diagram and go to Select a VI..., then find the VI and insert. The file (on my harddrive anyway) that you would want to insert (the one that I mentioned previously) would be:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\express\express shared\ExFile.llb\ex_FileGlobals.vi