TDM File Read

Recently I decided to use the TDM format for all my test data files. So as a first step, I read the document 'Introduction to the LabVIEW TDM Header Writer VIs'(http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/117CB3D512ED96928625707B004DC4E9) ( Yeah, I want to use it in RT). Everything went fine till I reached the "Creating a TDM Header File for a Multi Channel Binary File" section of the document. This section tells you how to setup a binary file that contains more than one channel. I created a VI as illustarted in this section to create a TDM file. Even the data file for multiple channels was created using the illustration given in this section. But when I tried to read the file back using the storage VI's, it was reading all the properties that were set for each channel but was not able to read the data and the warning message 2552 tells that "This property does not contain data." :throwpc:

The documentation for Setup Block Channels.vi says that " interleaved (Block) channels described in a TDM file will only load correctly in LabVIEW or DIAdem when USI version 1.1.1.2245 or later is installed (DIAdem 9.1 SP2 LabVIEW 8.0, or later versions).".

I used LV 7.1 for creating these VI's. So was this the problem? or I'm missing something...What exactly is this "USI version 1.1.1.2245 "?

I've also attached the V that I used to read the data.

Download File:post-304-1129887717.vi

• 2 months later...