iris detector using Labview

jenny

hi, i'm new to labview and imaq vision. now i'm doing a project, it's a iris recognition using Labview and imaq vision..

i know imaq vision assistant can obtain the diameter and center of the iris. But i'm would like to know can Labview or imaq vision do this, convert Cartesian to polar transform (transform iris into rectangle form) ??

or i need to import external code to do this conversion?

:) if any help, it would be very appreciated.

thanks... :)

If you mean coordinate transforms between polar and cartesian, yes, IMAQ Vision can do this. If you mean unwrapping the donut shape of the iris into a rectangle you may have a little more difficulty. There is a VI for unwrapping the dials on a meter face. It is called IMAQ Unwrap.

Menus: Vision >> Vision Utilities >> Image Manipulation >> IMAQ Unwrap

post-45-1134831246.jpg?width=400

If you mean coordinate transforms between polar and cartesian, yes, IMAQ Vision can do this. If you mean unwrapping the donut shape of the iris into a rectangle you may have a little more difficulty. There is a VI for unwrapping the dials on a meter face. It is called IMAQ Unwrap.

Menus: Vision >> Vision Utilities >> Image Manipulation >> IMAQ Unwrap

post-45-1134831246.jpg?width=400

thanks for reply. i really appreciate it.

:worship:

yes, i'm trying to unwrap the iris image(annulus) into rectangle. then after unwrap the iris, it will convert into iris code to compare. is there any wrong with this algorithm??

ya, that is another problem to convert the unwrap iris to iris code. with iris code, it can be identifiable. i was think using Gabor wavelet to generate the iris code from the unwrap. i wonder. Gabor wavelet can be done in labview or imaq vision??

anyway i'm looking for image identifier(using labview) algorithm, is there any webside or anything i can refer???

Thanks, :rolleyes: ...

Merry Christmas and happy new year!! :laugh: