Misaligned Chart X-Axis

PeterB

Hi there fellow wireworkers,

I have had this problem for a while with a few of my charts and I don't know how it happens, let alone how to fix it. The attached picture and exaple vi front panel should say it all, but just in case, look at the x-axis. The far L.H.S. tick mark at time=201.319 should be aligned with the y-axis. Charts do not save default data, so the attached vi will open up with LHS tick time=0.0.

I am using LV v7.1.1 under W2K.

regards

Peter

post-1272-1136790707.png?width=400

Download File:post-1272-1136790980.vi

Open the chart in the control-editor and you'll see the problem. The plot area is not the same size as your x-scale. How this could happen, I can only guess: Considering your experience you might have found a bug.

Usually, resizing the plot-area, also resizes the axes (except if you are in the control-editor).

Edit: Is it somehow related to the font-modification? Or try the behaviour on a different computer (in case your installation is somehow broken), I never have seen this issue.

Didier

Open the chart in the control-editor and you'll see the problem. The plot area is not the same size as your x-scale. How this could happen, I can only guess: Considering your experience you might have found a bug.

Usually, resizing the plot-area, also resizes the axes (except if you are in the control-editor).

Edit: Is it somehow related to the font-modification? Or try the behaviour on a different computer (in case your installation is somehow broken), I never have seen this issue.

Didier

Hi Didier,

thanks for your observations. I was able to fix it up by opening the control editor, selecting 'Show parts window' and changing the X-axis properties as shown in the attached screen shot (so that Left=113 and Width=462). I do remember a while ago that I had this chart opened in the control editor, and it is possible that I resized the plot area without resizing the x-scale. So thanks for your vote of confidence in my experience, but I think I'll put this one down to a silly mistake on my part.

FWIW, without the parts window, it is impossible to resize this x-axis using the "Set Width and Height..." toolbar button on the FP

regards

Peter

post-1272-1136850828.png?width=400

Don't be too hard on yourself Pete - I had exactly the same problem with an XY graph about a month ago and I hadn't opened it in the control editor - I still have no idea on why it happened (I made a lot of changes to the graph and didn't notice it immediately, so I'm not sure what change caused this to happen...)

PS: how's the weather mate? bloody cold over here!

web_mi_temp.jpg

(those temps are in F :blink: )

PS: how's the weather mate? bloody cold over here!

G'day Chris,

New Year's day in Sydney reached 44.2degC (111.6degF) , and today is predicted to be 36degC where I live in the north west of Sydney.

Sydney Temperatures for Jan 2006

Apparently 2005 was the 'hottest' year on record in Sydney (since official records began). The good thing is that despite the hotter weather, we've been having a lot more of the needed rain to break the drought in eastern OZ and fill up our dams.

cheers

Peter