Aquisition video

Hi...

I have one camara Philips ccd and an acquisition plate (pci - 1409).

Anyone can help me how to make the grab (acquire continuos image) of the aquisition video in labview.

the only examples that i see is always, how to choose a video or image and put it in front panel of labview.

:headbang:

Sorry my english

Thanks

Hi...

I have one camara Philips ccd and an acquisition plate (pci - 1409).

Anyone can help me how to make the grab (acquire continuos image) of the aquisition video in labview.

the only examples that i see is always, how to choose a video or image and put it in front panel of labview.

:headbang:

Sorry my english

Thanks

If you are asking about how to do a live grab in LabView using a 1409, there are tutorials on how to do that in the NI-IMAQ software you have to install to make your PC recognize the 1409. Those tutorials give you the ability to display that picture on the front panel, via a picture control or some other method. Take a look at those examples and see if they provide what you need.

I can't see nothing in imaq about live grab in LabView.I have the labview 7.1 and ni-imaq 7.0. the thing that i have try to do at the moment is a detector of movements.

The only examples that i found is about to choose a video that is saved in pc an put it to play. (there is in labview\examples\vision\function\avi)

I need through labview to make the capture of video (camera).

but I think that in labview I do not have none toolkit on making capture of video, already see and i don't find anything about this.

thanks , for help ...

I can't see nothing in imaq about live grab in LabView.I have the labview 7.1 and ni-imaq 7.0. the thing that i have try to do at the moment is a detector of movements.

The only examples that i found is about to choose a video that is saved in pc an put it to play. (there is in labview\examples\vision\function\avi)

I need through labview to make the capture of video (camera).

but I think that in labview I do not have none toolkit on making capture of video, already see and i don't find anything about this.

thanks , for help ...

Have you downloaded and installed (or installed from disc )NI-IMAQ 3.5.1 when you install this package you have to select that you want LabView support. Once that is done you will have the example code <LabView Directory>\examples\IMAQ\IMAQ High Level.llb\HL Grab.vi. This VI will allow you to grab a live image with the 1409 and display it on the screen.

It sounds like you are wanting to detect motion in the live video. Is this your intent?

Chris

Yes, at the moment i need to detect motion in the live video.

If you can help in this i by grateful.

Sorry my english

Thanks for help

There is no built in motion detection with NI-IMAQ, you would have to purchase and develop a motion detection algorithm using the IMAQ Vision Toolkit ($2500 developer package plus $295 per seat liscense). I don't know if this is cost effective for you and your application.

I have used the ActiveX control VideoCapX from www.fathsoft.com ($79 developer package plus royalty free distribution) which has a built in motion detection algorithm. Of course you won't be able to use the 1409 as your video input device, you'll have to move to a simpler and less costly board like the WinTV-Go-Plus or any of a million other WDM video input devices. I've used this ActiveX control in LabView and had no problems.

Let us know which software package you choose.

Chris

I use the example that you give me but, i can't put it work. :oops:

I need to join any thing to the connect and preview methods for the program can capture the video on labview?

I'm sorry to boring you with the same question's. :(

But is the first time that i try to do this, and i see that is a litle complicated. :)

To me is very important that i can do the aquisition video in labview, then later do the motion detection.

Sorry the english, and thanks for the help you are give me.

Download File:post-4490-1143737425.vi

I use the example that you give me but, i can't put it work. :oops:

I need to join any thing to the connect and preview methods for the program can capture the video on labview?

I'm sorry to boring you with the same question's. :(

But is the first time that i try to do this, and i see that is a litle complicated. :)

To me is very important that i can do the aquisition video in labview, then later do the motion detection.

Sorry the english, and thanks for the help you are give me.

Try this, I've modified your VI to work. You realize you can't display video from the 1409 card using this activeX control right?

Chris

Download File:post-2547-1143740955.vi

Hello again...

Yes i know that this example you give me is only for a webcam. however i was trying to put it work but it appears one mgs to indicates a error, that i put it in annex.

Is possible that this error is because the webcam that i use. (i use a digital camera fujifilm a330, and in the setup of the camera i choose webcam, and she work for example in video capx as a webcam).

The procedure i do is, connect the camera to the usb, and do run in the program (labview).

is possible if you don

Hello again...

Yes i know that this example you give me is only for a webcam. however i was trying to put it work but it appears one mgs to indicates a error, that i put it in annex.

Is possible that this error is because the webcam that i use. (i use a digital camera fujifilm a330, and in the setup of the camera i choose webcam, and she work for example in video capx as a webcam).

The procedure i do is, connect the camera to the usb, and do run in the program (labview).

is possible if you don