MultiColumn ListBox Blink Simulation Problem

Hi,

I am using LV8.0 and we just upgraded one of our projects from LV7.1. I am having a problem and would be grateful if someone could help me out.

BACKGROUND ON THE TASK:

- We have a list of alarms that have been generated through several other processes.

- This list needs to be displayed in a MultiColumn ListBox to the users.

- Some alarms require user acknowledgement

- Until the user acknowledges those alarms, they need to blink (to catch the users' attention)

ISSUE:

- In LV7.1, setting the ActiveCell property to the relevant rows (in a loop) and setting the Blinking property to true or false appropriately worked like a charm

- In LV8 the whole listbox blinks - even those alarms that have already been acknowledged

- NI support said that they do not have anything to help individual rows blink. Only the listbox as a whole can be set to blink or not.

RESOLUTION:

- I tried to simulate blinking by having an independent loop run indefinitely (until the Panel Close event) and toggle the background colours of the relevant rows.

- It worked like a charm

PROBLEM:

- If the first row happens to be unacknowledged and hence needs to blink - it doesnt work.

- My indices seem to be correct and in sync. (The indices of the array of alarms and the index of the listbox items)

- Every thing works fine except the first row (The one immdly below the row headers). Instead, in a listbox with 20 rows, during runtime - a 21st row gets created at the bottom and that one blinks... :blink: The alarm data for the 1st row however still displays correctly in the 1st row. The 21st one at then end is an empty row that ends up blinking.

I am really at a loss as to why this might be happening and would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks so much.

I managed to get the solution.

I had made a stupid error which was because i didnt read the help documentation carefully enough and thus didnt realise the impact the oversight could have :headbang: . It was that i was setting the BGColor property and the ActiveCell property for the listbox. However my ActiveCell property was below the BGColor propery in the property node. The processing takes place in a top to bottom order for property nodes.

A simple reversal of the order and it now works like a charm :laugh: