Triggering NI 6534

Aaron L

A labview newbie here. LV 8 seems all powerful but being so makes it a monster to learn to do things. I've got my card outputting a single byte so I can manually trigger things. And I've also got MAX displaying that I can put a TTL signal into my system. So far, so good. Now things need to be a little more automated.

Okay, I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to map the Ack/Input trigger pin into my labview project with an NI 6534 card. :headbang:

The Pin 3 of the 68 pin connector seems to be grounded and not an input, not acting like a trigger input, so that's a confusing thing.

I've found that I have to connect a PFI pin to the project but have just found out that PFI stands for Programmable Function Input. PFI does not occur in the entire NI-6534 user manual - I've looked.

Basically, how do I trigger an event to fire off a pattern i/o on the 6534? I've read the data sheet extensively and being a rookie LV makes it difficult to jump from the Pattern I/O flow chart to something wired and programmed. I'm not looking for someone to do my work, only a nudge in the right direction.

Regards,

Aaron Linsdau