Serial Write

Hi,

I have an external device that works fine with hyperterminal under the following settings: 57600 bps, 8 data bits, parity none, stop bits, 1 and flow control - hardware.

All instructions to the device are entered as:

<<Escape>><<Code>><<space>><<value>><<enter key>>

Example

(escapeButton)AA 2(returnKey)

Now I found a program in Labview, for serial read and write called "basic serial write and read.vi"

I assumed that for flow control I use DTR/DSR ( correct me if I'm wrong ), but i couldn't see an option called "hadware".

In the string to write box, I'm not sure, how to enter the above sequence ( without the brakets ). Especially the escape button. I would well appreciate if anyone knows how I can enter the above sequence. It will help me a lot

Regards,

Andalusian

In the string to write box, I'm not sure, how to enter the above sequence ( without the brakets ). Especially the escape button.

Sounds like you'll need to enter the strings in hexadecimal as ASCII codes. Check out the LabVIEW help on how to change the string control to HEX representation mode, and then enter you string in HEX (codes are here). Your example will look something like:

1B41 4120 320D

how to change the string control to HEX representation mode

Perhaps its my lack-of-labview background kicking in, any one have a clue, how to accomplish that i.e String Control to HEX representation ?

Perhaps its my lack-of-labview background kicking in, any one have a clue, how to accomplish that i.e String Control to HEX representation ?

Ok, NVM, got it to work. Thanks

• 1 month later...