Imaging with a Webcam

I've been working with Labview for week now and have done several online tutorials and things like that. I need to be able to record an image from a webcam into Labview. I've found numerous discussions on the topic but none that contain any solid examples. I have Labview 7.1 with the NI-IMAQ drivers and NI Vision. My webcam is a Creative Webcam Live!

What are the basic steps that need to be done to aquire an image from a webcam and display it on a front panel? Any example VI's or detailed descriptions would be more than welcome. Please understand that I have just started working with LabView so some concepts like device drivers are still a little new to me. Thank you for any help you can provide.

• 1 year later...

QUOTE(crelf @ Jun 8 2006, 11:00 PM)

Good luck - vision is a bunch of fun once you get into it. If you need any more help, feel free to ask. PS: welcome to LAVA!

What is vision assistant, i thought when you buy NI vision you will also get vision assistant, i can't install NI Imaq for USB because of this,

PS : I use Labview 8.2 with NI vision 8.0 and i am new in NI vision