How to add a picture frame to a picture?

Hello,

I am facing a project that add picture frame to a picture, namely, select different style of picture frames to a picture. how to do this ?

and I knew "read png.vi" can read a png format image, and I have searched a llb which is QuitTime toolbox to read GIF image, but , while I read them to add to a buttom image, the "picture frame" image would cover the buttom picture, original transparent place of PNG or GIF is not transparent after read (change to black or any other color) and indicate a picture control container. how to solve it ? thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am facing a project that add picture frame to a picture, namely, select different style of picture frames to a picture. how to do this ?

and I knew "read png.vi" can read a png format image, and I have searched a llb which is QuitTime toolbox to read GIF image, but , while I read them to add to a buttom image, the "picture frame" image would cover the buttom picture, original transparent place of PNG or GIF is not transparent after read (change to black or any other color) and indicate a picture control container. how to solve it ? thanks in advance.

Hi,

as far as I know, LV does support transparancy in the picture control.

The normal way to go would be to make a copy of the frame,

resize the frame to the right size, insert the "middle" picture into the frame

(overwrite the transparent part of the frame), you even don't need GIFs anymore

For the UI you could consider of using two picturecontrols (without border)

on top of eachother to let the user choose his/her border and

then afterwards saving the result to disk...

goodluck,

TNT

Hi,

as far as I know, LV does support transparancy in the picture control. ( do you mean, is background of picture control transparent ? Yes, I knew that, not the picture control's back ground that I concern, I want to display an image, example PNG image, where the image transparent where it should be, I enclosed a PNG image to you, it is a blue ball only, but it is not a ball only as it display at picture control, there are a yellow back color )

The normal way to go would be to make a copy of the frame,

resize the frame to the right size, insert the "middle" picture into the frame

(overwrite the transparent part of the frame), you even don't need GIFs anymore ( Yes, this is a simple handle, but my picture frame has some flowers or stars etc decorations about, so the frame must top to the other image.)

For the UI you could consider of using two picturecontrols (without border)

on top of eachother to let the user choose his/her border and

then afterwards saving the result to disk... (Yup, maybe this is the best way, but, how can I display must transparency of place image (GIF,PNG) is the focal problem)

goodluck,

TNT

and I have made an example of indicator, there are my looking for along.

post-4703-1151482803.png?width=400

Download File:post-4703-1151484327.vi