Microsoft Excel Type Library missing in LV6 but not in LV7 or LV8

Hi, everybody

I have a problem with the very first step of ActiveX communication to Excel. I am trying to link the automation refnum terminal to the ActiveX object "Microsoft Excel 11.0 Type Library Version 1.5". I have MS Office 2003.

The problem is that I cannot find that Type Library when browsing for it (Right-click refnum control>Select ActiveX Class>Browse>Type Library pull-down menu). In LV7.0 and LV8.0.1, however, the type library is present in the list, but why does not LV6.0.2 "see" the Excel type library?

I can browse to EXCEL.EXE and make it work but as soon as I quit Labview and re-launch it, the problem is back. Labview does not seem to remember the EXCEL.EXE path that I pointed out. Besides, I have a big Labview application that uses NI Report Generation Toolkit (1.0.1) and I do not want to change any references to Excel Type Libraries inside that toolkit. How can I make LV6 understand that the type library exists on my machine?

I have successfully repaired repaired Office and restarted the computer after that - no improvement.

Thanks in advance!

Andreas Nilsson

SP Swedish National Testing and Research Institute