LV8.2 Sound Output Write no longer support buffer overwriting

viSci

I have a LV7.1 application that record ECG signals and produces a visual and auditory display of your heartbeat. I produce the heartbeat sound by playing 2 waveforms for the contraction and release sounds and these are sync'd to the ecg signal. In LV7.1 I can load and start one waveform and then at any point in time after (even if the waveform has not completed) I can load and play the release sound. In LV8.2 the sound vi's have changed and there is no longer a separate waveform load capability. It appears that you must do a simultaneous load and play and it is not tolerant of buffer overwriting, in other words the first buffer must complete before you can write again. The only way I can release the buffer is to do a 'Sound Output Clear' which then requires a Sound Output Config to start things up again. I think it would make more sense if you could just do a Sound Output Stop and then a rewrite.