TreeView - strange lost of selection

lraynal

For those who like to resolve strange bugs...

Here attached is a library where the main VI contains a Tree.

The "bug" is quite simple, I create a Tree with Cycles and SubFolders.

Each Cycle has a number of executions (written in the Tag and the Item of the Tree. Example "Cycle A - 5 executions").

Select a CYCLE, then change the number of executions (via the numeric control).

When the value reach 1, the Selection (of the ligne) is lost...

It's only when the value is above 2 that the Selection is kept!

I would be really happy if some of you would like to put an eye over this problem!

Thanks in advance.

Laurent

Download File:post-6600-1167924107.llb

The string you're generating for the Value of the tree is incorrect. When the value goes down to 1, the text you display in the tree is "Cycle A - 1 execution", but if you probe the string you're wiring into the Value property, it is "Cycle A - 1 executions". Since this is not a valid tree tag, no line is selected.

Also, I would recommend keeping an array of the tag names assigned to each row in the tree, and changing the Cell text for a row as it's changed, instead of re-writing the entire contents of the tree every time the number for a single row is changed.

-D

The string you're generating for the Value of the tree is incorrect. When the value goes down to 1, the text you display in the tree is "Cycle A - 1 execution", but if you probe the string you're wiring into the Value property, it is "Cycle A - 1 executions". Since this is not a valid tree tag, no line is selected.

Also, I would recommend keeping an array of the tag names assigned to each row in the tree, and changing the Cell text for a row as it's changed, instead of re-writing the entire contents of the tree every time the number for a single row is changed.

-D

OK! Here is the bug!

Nice to get a fresh mind on this kind of trouble!!! Thanks a lot.

(and by the way, I've posted this "bug" to NI via the support, as well...)

And thanks to the idea of keeping the array.

Cheers,

Laurent